Email - Thunderbird
Setting up an email client on your computer helps speed up email reply times and increase productivity, allowing you to receive notifications for new emails directly on your computer instead of constantly signing into the online interface. This document is provided to walk you through the setup, as well as provide basic troubleshooting in case something goes wrong.
- A computer running Windows or Mac OS X
- The Thunderbird Client (Download: Mac OS X - Windows)
- A working internet connection
- Download the Thunderbird Client
- Install Thunderbird by opening the file and following the on-screen instructions.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...
- Select Add Mail Account... from the drop-down list located under the list on the left.
- Complete the following:
- Your name: Enter your full name. (e.g. John Doe)
- Email address: Your GSEIS email address. (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your GSEIS password.
- Click Continue
- Thunderbird will automatically configure your account for you.
- Review your settings and then click Create Account.