Out of Office Message
You can set up an Out of Office message to autoreply when you are out.
- The auto-reply message is sent to each recipient once in a seven-day period, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated period.
To set up an automated email reply, simply follow these instructions:
- Navigate to https://mail.gseis.ucla.edu/
- Log into your mail account by entering your username and password.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Click on Mail.
- Scroll down to the Receiving Messages area, as shown below.
- Check Send auto-reply message.
- Enter the message to be sent in the text box.
- You can optionally set a start and/or end date for your autoreply. If you don't specify a start date it will take effect immediately. If you don't specify an end date you will need to return to this page and uncheck Send auto-reply message.
- Check Start Date. You should set this to the first day you will be out of the office. The autoreply will start at 12:01 am on that date.
- Click the triangle to open the calendar, and select the start date for the away message.
- Check End Date. You should set this to the day you return to the office. The autoreply will stop at 12:01 am on that date.
- Click the triangle to open the calendar, and select the end date for the away message.
- Click Save in the upper left to save your changes.