- Doctor of Education University of California, Los Angeles, 1999
- California Single Subject Credential – Secondary Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1975
- B.A., Mathematics University of California, Los Angeles, 1974
Teaching and Research Interests
- How to change teacher practice in mathematics in urban schools
- The role of professional development in change
- Preparing secondary mathematics teachers for working in urban schools
- Working with students in developing and understanding the multicultural identity
Battey, D., Franke, M., Priselac, J. (April 2004). Scaling Up Professional Development: the Case of Mathematics. Paper presented at the annual meeting of American Education Research Association, San Diego, California.
Priselac, J (September 2003). Providing High Quality Professional Development. Presentation at the Council of Chief State School Officers, The No Child Left Behind Act Teacher Quality Braintrust Meeting. Washington, D.C.
Priselac, J., Powell, Peitzman, Montagna (April 2003). Making Connections: Antiracist Pedagogy and Social Justice Teacher Education. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Education Research Association, Chicago, Illinois.
Priselac, J. (2003). Take the Challenge: Teach Mathematics Differently. Invited Keynote Address at the annual conference of the Los Angeles City Teachers of Mathematics Association. Los Angeles, California.
Priselac, J., Kriegler, S. (April 2002). Scaling Up Mathematics Professional Development: LUCI. Presentation at annual meeting of the National Conference for Teachers of Mathematics, Las Vegas, Nevada.